as a skinny person, you are catered to and you don’t even realize it. did you ask for that? no and i understand that. but you will never cry your eyes out in a dressing room because even the largest size doesn’t fit. you will never deal with rejection from a guy solely because of your weight. you are socially accepted.
is any kind of body shaming disgusting? yes. but please don’t act like you’d rather be fat.
SECRETE, 2014, Kate MccGwire, Mixed media with magpie feathers / Photo: Alexander Brattell / On display in the crypt of St Mary’s in the Castle (7 Pelham Crescent, Hastings, TN34 3AF) as part of Coastal Currents Festival, 29th August - 14th September 2014.
Unfriendly reminder that in America it’s reasonable to say an unarmed black kid deserved to be shot six times because he might have robbed a convenience store, but a white kid shouldn’t be kicked off the high school football team just because he violently raped a girl.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson